Sunday, May 12, 2013

Saltspring Island

Here is a little video from when my wife and I went bouldering on Saltspring Island. We had just finished exams and squeezed in the trip to visit some family and friends, and of course, some bouldering.
Video ---> SaltSpring Island Bouldering <--- Video
 The approach is short and sweet, maybe ten minutes from the car.
 I stood up hill a bit to get a better view of the higher moves, I speculate the problem is a V3 or 4. There some some chalk on other nearby problems, but not directly on this line, so I'm not sure if it has been sent before. I was told by some hikers there is a guide book available for the sport climbing on the Island, not sure about the bouldering.
My wife sending a short V0, again I'm unsure if it has been sent before.
 Either way, she was very excited. (and proud of her chewed up hands)
  
We were back out at Bear mountain yesterday, and I've still got photos from Esquimalt and Jasper to come. So check back for those posts (Bear Mountain was send city yesterday!)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see some folks having fun in my neck of the woods! Not sure of the exact line you climbed on the 1st boulder, but there is a short line next to the tree in the groove, and another to the right on the chalked holds called infinite improbability drive. I don't recognize the V0 at all, so your wife likely nabbed the first! Hit me up if you come back!

    ReplyDelete